Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

Dear Journal


If I meet you suddenly, I can't speak.
-Sappho


The sky is a lilac blanket.
Swathed in the mania of the day’s passing,
My foot flutters like the wings
Of a flustered hummingbird.



I do not notice his entering.
You’re fidgety interrupts
My thoughts. His gravelly voice


Compels my heart to beat
So intensely that I’m unsure
I remember how to breathe.



Has he seen?
Does he know what it is I’ve written?


I leave you this as my last post for a week. I'll be without phone/internet for the next week. I hope you like it. It is going to be the piece I submit for Shadows. <3 PM [they didn't like it. try again next semester?]

3 comments:

  1. i love it when your dreamful nature combines with your reaction to humanity. you always seem to enlightened by something or other. i admire that life never bores you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelsey! I believe this warrants a thank you. I'm so happy you still check my blog! I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm never bored, but I think there is always something to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. of course i do. and your welcome. i feel the same about writing. find something to be inspired by or create it in your mind.

    ReplyDelete