Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Thursday, November 12th

I walk into class to find heads bent to paper like the bodies of sweatshop children working on the shoes Kevin wears. I don't remember there being a test. Our evaluation is our lives. Can we find enough life for a prose poem, or obsess enough to write a villanelle? Goldstein didn't tell me I could, but yesterday I hiked through Neadle Woods and today I danced with Alyssa. Is that not life enough? Professor Stefaniak waves me in. I don't think I'll come again.

2 comments:

  1. i feel like cameron would like this. i know i do. life is movement, smiles, blood beating through veins. more than what they tell us, and simpler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is taking time to share those stories too! At least, I think that is part of it. I like that it is both more and simpler. Life is that way, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete