Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

I cried vodka last night.

He fidgets when he talks
to me. Like he has a million
other things to do, and I
am just a check-mark on his list.

I stare into eyes.
When I speak I want you to know
that my heart is in your hands
and that this moment could mean something to us.
I guess that means the ball is in your court,
and for that I'm sorry.

She's thin.
She eats whatever she wants,
whenever she wants
because she can. It's a
genetic trait that gives her
an advantage over us- over me.

I'm fat,
and not because I don't deny
myself the unhealthy things.
I'm stoic in that sense.
It's because my body stores
interactions in the most unsightly
of fashions. Her rejection of me
hides my six-pack. My broken
heart is a double chin.

Hey's gay,
in the sense that he likes men.
He's laying unhappily on that bench
and I get the feeling that somehow
this is my fault, as if
I gave cause to his obsession.

I'm straight
and not because I'm not unhappy.
I spend my hours reconciling who I am
with who I want to be.
I have a feeling I'm missing something
and for that, I cried vodka last night.

1 comment:

  1. i love this.

    especially this part:
    I spend my hours reconciling who I am
    with who I want to be.

    i love how you described some people in one word and somehow that one word went on to mean something completely different and sad.

    ReplyDelete