Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mountains

for Mike
Butterflies...
blue butterflies over gray hills
make me think that life is worth the climb.

We are not so lucky to soar.
We climb, some steeper than others,
up cliffs of broken hearts and dreams.
We belay over piles of promises
and take rests at indifference's peaks.

You're like a piton,
holding me up.

You're like the clear view
after a stint in depression's valley.

You're a friend,
someone with a clear mind.

You're a song telling me,
"Everything is alright."

And I believe you.
I believe in you.

Somehow,
after every talk I'm calm.
Like, you're a catharsis.
Like I reach a peak in the plot
diagram of my life and you make a resolution.

Somehow I'm fine.

I wanted to tell you:
thank you.

Everything is alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment