Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Rest On The Pier

After Walkathon this year a group of friends and I went out on a pier to just sit and watch the waves. It was quite nice. Anyways, I was thinking and created this poem. I had to type it out in a text so I wouldn't forget it. I do realize that the date the poem was written and the month mentioned in the poem don't match up. I don't think it really matters
Untitled 2:41pm 4/25/08 a glorious day the end of May summer just days away six friends serenely sat on a pier watching waves float gaily past an elegant dance they gave to us a graceful bow a joyous splash six friends serenely sat as the sun made an elegant dance they sat and watched it float gaily past as one friend bowed and solemnly left one friend serenely sat and gazed at the waves long past

8 comments:

  1. i like this one as well. i love watching the waves and the sun setting over the waves and whatnot. hmm good poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for posting Christine. I like this one too. it kinda has that doubleness with nature and the whole problem of leaving things behind

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! i feel special being one of those 6, it was really fun. i loved just being able to think and not being stressed by a million other things.

    you are a really great poet dude, you need to publish some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for commenting Loren! Do you think I captured that sense in this poem? Maybe I should try again with that thought in mind too.

    Thanks for saying that Loren. I don't think I would actually get published though. I hope you continue coming back to read =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. heck yeah you captured that sense, don't redo it! it's perfect now.

    i'm back, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Loren! Thank you for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it. and i agree with loren that it definitely captured the sense of nature and friendship and (tear) moving on. you should write one about jumping OFF the pier now... haha it may be a little different...

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you kelsey. i was considering writing one about that. it would be much different, but different can be just as good

    ReplyDelete