Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

The first days of Autumn

It's cold.
An autumnal breeze cuts through my gray sweater
to chill my bones in spite of their fleshy protection.
There's moisture in the air.
I feel it as pin-pricks on the bare skin of my face.
I came outside to sit for the cold-
to feel the cold.
My empty emotions exuding
what nature is producing,
its frost a reflection of my
jaded thoughts.
I used to feel empathetically-
the warmth of a summer's kiss extended
to others in an understanding of connectivity.
I lost that feeling.
Blown out by the gale that this Fall
is beginning to produce regularly.
Pelting drops- large heavy doses
of cruelty lofted in the direction
of those around me.
Do not surround me.
For I will feel what you feel
but I want only to know my pain.
It is too soon to feel guilty for
speaking as an ass to you.
Too soon to feel happy for
rays of sun after autumnal gloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment