Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

raindrops glisten on the window

there is no denying the power of poetry,
but i have lost the ability to write.
raindrops skirt the windowpanes i look through
at the nightlight of omaha's skyline.
the trees bow to an unexpected breeze
that could only be the result of a transaction.
my sleep for your ability to think-
i would gladly participate in that exchange
if somehow my sleep gave back
the ability to harness emotions.
if somehow i could feel light
tickling the grass of a dew drop morning.
sometimes the only way not to lose a poem is to publish it. I guess this means that I should update again. Has anyone missed me?
-PM

2 comments:

  1. I've missed your poetry! I keep forgetting to check for updates. Thanks for posting more! Hope all is well in Omaha. I wrote you a note in class one day (math class, of course. Some things never change, eh?) but i keep forgetting to stick it in an envelope and mail it. one of these days, i'll remember. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meg! I've missed you! You know they update on Facebook right? =P. I have actually been having a hard time writing as of late. It's almost like I've forgotten how to write poetry at all. Some things never do change. I'm sure it was a better use of your time hehe. Remember soon so I can write you back! =D

    ReplyDelete