Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

my heart tapped me on my shoulder and whispered in my ear


which is how the night started
in a room across from home.
The K's tried to win a round
from a stance of plain unknowing,
which meant nothing to the seriousness
of their opponents calm throwing.

I cared not to play
save for Daniel's carefree dancing
and E and B were just a fit
of amusing teammate fighting.

Fighting. I am fighting
an undefined category of more adult feeling.
I know that I am not unhappy,
but I do not know, concer to Spanish,
the feeling that we define as happy.

But if this is what it is,
feeling free to display feeling.
Then, I think I can do happy.

I think I can live happily.
When a world of bright lights
on curtained hardwood stages
is vacillating between being safe and tumbling
the scintilla of hope contained
in my uncategorized responses
is supported only by friends
who are closer than I imagined.

I gave effort to looking
straight into Bill's eyes,
but entropic tears blurred
already clouded sight.

Fingers trembled in inch long hair
and then he hugged me.
Apoyar- to support.

Amor is to love,
Romantic in Spanish.
In English to love
is being fully supported.

2 comments:

  1. i knew that last verse which is also on your facebook was written by you as part of some awesome poem.

    i miss you. i wish we were going to be seeing each other soon.

    i appreciate the comments you wrote on my blog. really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You read it before I could even fix the formatting =). I miss you too. I hope you enjoyed your time in London!

    We will see each other soon enough. We're still young, there's plenty of time =).

    Well I really appreciate your blog. really

    ReplyDelete