Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

SBST '10 (4)

There was feeling tonight.

They say that you cannot forget
your first love, but I don't know
if that is true. I have yet to love.

But I have lived.
In living I have felt
and there was so much to feel tonight.

I felt them close to tears,
and I remembered the warmth
of salted water on my cheeks.

I felt their joy
and I lost myself to tribal music,
drums leading my feet.

I felt their smug attitude
and ignored it to supplement my mood-
pensive but not notably so.

I felt his agitation,
it reminded me that we all feel.

Then I remembered that I hate feeling.
I hate feeling vulnerable.
I hate feeling open.
I hate feeling judged,
but I need to be judged to love.

3 comments:

  1. this happen in wyoming? its a very visual poem. i like it a lot. i also like the message at the end and how it conveys how difficult it is to open up. difficult yet necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, this was one of the ones I wrote over break. Yes, difficult. Sometimes too difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't think you're the kind of person who let's "too difficult" stop him.

    ReplyDelete