Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

catching wind

there are leaves on my notebook,
which somehow remind me of summer
and breezes and watching trees
through the screen of my back-door.

Trees have leaves that bend and flatter
if touched by the grace of wind.
I've felt like the leaves.

When I'm in a car and the roof
is open. When the wind ruffles my hair.
When I'm standing in a river of the Plains.

When all the world feels right
because some force is guiding me along.
When I exist and think of nothing.

These are the times I feel the wind.
There are the moments without struggle.
These are the moments we cannot bottle.

4 comments:

  1. I read this and went eww. No need to feel badly if you do too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be so hard on yourself. This is some really cool imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't believe in much but i believe the wind blows exactly when i need it to.

    and i love the moments that we cannot bottle.

    not eww. you express yourself beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys. I appreciate it. Truly, I do.

    I think that's something beautiful to believe in, Kelsey.

    ReplyDelete