Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Borderline

Patient must have five of the following:

1 ) Frantic efforts to avoid abandonment.

Like last night, my greatest fear.
I thought your betrayal of trust
would last forever. How could I hold on
with all that fear going on?

2 ) Unstable relationships alternating between idealization and devaluation.

You're perfect,
the best friend I've had.
You listen, you like me.
You even enjoy my company.
But, you never text,
and you've never called.
I always go to visit you.
You're busy, busier than me.
Everyone needs you, so you don't need me.

3 ) Unstable self-image or sense of self.

Who am I?

A social chameleon.

For every situation I'm the proper Patrick.
Oh, he's so kind.
He's so extroverted, so gregarious.
He's so easy to talk to.
He's shy, emo.
He's happy.
He's depressed.

Who the hell am I?

4 ) Self-damaging impulsivity.

Like the time I ran Tim's box
cutter up and down my wrist,
feeling the cool metal
but never piercing skin.

5 ) Recurrent suicidal or self-mutilating behavior.

My favorite.
I spent a year wanting to die.
Hi, Mom and Dad,
glad you could make it to my
I'm suicidal chat.
We'll call it Kevin's intervention...
jackass.

6 ) Emotional instability.

This looks like bi-polar...
guess what I am.

7 ) Chronic feelings of emptiness.

Like how I am worthless.

Anusia called me on the
phone and told me I'm great,
that I'm important,
but I'm not.
What have I done?
What makes me special?
Nothing.
I'm just weird.

8 ) Inappropriate, intense anger.

I'm sorry I got mad and left
the room. I took a shower
to cool down, chilling my body
and soul. You deserve better.

9 ) Transient paranoia or dissociation symptoms.

I used to think I could
foretell the future.
I experience deja vu
so frequently that it must
be real. I must have dreamt
this, right?

****

Well that makes nine.
I'm right in between.
Borderline: the imaginary
state between neurosis and psychosis...
aka being fucked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment