Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

There are stories choking my heart.

Her story begins with
acid wash jeans
and closed fist beatings,
midnight screams
and vague notions of nothings.

His story is full of
healing scars
and tattooed feelings,
ancient poems
and feeling alone.

She's all about looking good-
high-end fashion
and men with passion,
attention to detail
and half-price retail.

He's in love with drugs-
cheap thrills
and easy girls,
fast highs
whatever the price.

I'm in love with them,
her bright blue eyes
and "Love" tattooed across his wrist.
Her determined gait,
and the way his fingers jitter.

I'm in love with them,
but she's and empty shell,
and he's forgotten how to love;
she just wants lust
and he can never sit still.

I'm in love with them,
but they don't love me.

I'm in love with them,
and their stories choke me.

No comments:

Post a Comment