Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

a movement to normalcy

My greatest fears:
abandonment
and feeling weird.

Last night, I faced both.

We went to the bridge.
Blue candy mixed with Mountain Dew
made the lights magical.
My friends made them real.

I almost didn't go.
I left my room to find them
gone, but my fears were
unwarranted. "We never
left you, and we aren't going to.
Now, come back here; we miss you."

And so I went,
to hop a fence and sit and watch
bright lights reflect on moving water.

We talked of home and crushes,
embarrassments and favorite music.
We laughed and listened,
stayed silent and felt the wind on our skin.

You know, I'm not normal,
but that's okay.

Daniel says to ride the weird.
I'm interesting and exciting,
and that's ridiculously good.

I'm interesting and exciting...
the thought of it is pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment