Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

to the person who bought me a thong

Thank you.

Although I do not know what to do with it,
I had been wanting a gift.

You see, Daniel promises
he bought me something,
and although I can't find
it he insists it's hidden
somewhere in the rubble of my
crumbled heart.

Underneath my sweaty sheets where
I toss and turn in the summer heat
and my mattress that has yet to see action,
are the remnants of hope
tossed aside like a pair of old gym shoes.

Filed between my chemistry notes
and Spanish folder is my joy,
neatly stored for future use
but gathering dust as we speak.

Beside my Moleskines and tubes
of watercolors are brightly colored
pastels of peace of mind, waiting
to be rubbed and smeared
on the blank sheets of
my future, their tips still whole,
unused.

And there, encrypted and saved
in a secret file on my C drive
are my dreams, waiting to be unlocked.

You know,
I don't care that he has lied to me.
You see, I searched my room.
I found no iPod or fancy hat,
but I did find a map
marked with Xs on all of my treasures.

I think I'll find them soon.
I think I'll use them too.

2 comments:

  1. good motives , do you believe this is the future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what you're referring to, but I think it may be true.

    ReplyDelete