Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

The truth of feeling

Today was a good day,
and now I'm reduced to journaling
by lamplight in my room, while eating
peanut butter m&ms, of course.

The m&ms are a coping mechanism,
the journal a habit of thought.
You see, neither really do their job.
It'd be easier if I were not.

But the truth of the matter,
if the matter is what you want,
is that feelings are fleeting
and fleeting they're permanently not.

I once saw a raindrop, perfectly clear
drop like a gem from the sky.
It shone and twinkled like a wish toward my eye,
and I tell you wish I didn't, not in that moment.

In that moment there was only me
and the drop, twice refracted, once reflected.
All of everything in the sun on rain,
I was everything in the ebb and flow of a sun-shower rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment