Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Poetry

You know I never remember what I write. I can obsess over a poem for days and days. Yet, once the words go on paper I forget what it was I was trying to say. Love me straight into the storm. I don't remember all the words. Bleeding. Why was my heart bleeding? I do remember the circumstances surrounding most of my poems. If you asked me to recite a couple you'd be outa luck because I don't remember it all. Is that weird. Should I know my own writing. Should I be able to tell you each specific line? Or is the fact that the writing just flows right outa me a good thing. My poetry is an extension of my feelings. Feelings come and go. Once the words are gone I think I forget it all

4 comments:

  1. i dont think there is anything wrong with that. when i sit down to journal i feel like i am bursting with emotions and whatnot, and then when im done i dont really remember what i was feeling. it seems to just be there on the page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah thats what it is for me Anusia. Hmmm interesting. Thanks for stopping by =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's good that that happens. Isn't that what journaling/poetry is supposed to be about? getting your feelings out? journaling is supposed to help you deal with feelings, so if you can get them onto a page and be done with it, then it's serving its purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried to define what poetry and journal writing is supposed to be Meg, but that makes sense. Sometimes though I'm not dealing. Sometimes I'm just playing with the words. I wonder if it's still the same idea. Anyways, thanks for sharing Meg. Always a please to have you on the blog =D

    ReplyDelete