Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I am a rock/No soy una isla

I'm sure this one will be revisited in the future.

He's the part of me that likes to cry.
He is: weak
vulnerable
diminishable
easily forgotten
invisible
clingy
desperate
dependent
a scaredy-cat
a cry baby.
He's that little kid who followed his older brother
around until he said, "Fuck you. Find your own friends."
He's annoying,
a mama's boy,
the type of person you don't want around, but won't go away.

I am strong.
I am independent.
I'm brave.
I'm creative and intelligent.
I get things done on my own,
I don't need any help.
I am assertive and cool.
People like what I say.
I'm popular,
a natural speaker.
I never get stage fright.
People invite me out because they enjoy my company,
not because they feel sorry.
I'm active and attractive,
your all American male.
I never ask for help.
But, when I'm hurt and alone, all I want is a hug.
When I'm vulnerable and scared, I need someone to say it's okay.
But I refuse to say there's anything I need.
I refuse to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment