Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Uhh

So I promised I'd be back to not only write up about prom, but to also post a new poem. Well, I don't know what to write! How exactly does one capture the devastating finality of an event like prom while still maintaining the joy that it creates. Prom was awesome. I danced and laughed, and I did it all with a great group of friends. Still, I can't help but be reminded of the short period of time we have left. At first, prom didn't exactly feel like prom. I sat there wondering what was so special. What exactly was it supposed to feel like. It actually felt more like a bunch of friends going out to dinner than the last dance of high school. However, by the time Anusia and I hit the dance floor I couldn't help but smile. Here we were at a beautiful hotel all fancily dressed up dancing to songs like Damaged by Danity Kane. Maybe it was at that moment that I relaxed or maybe it was my desire for something great, but by the end of the night I think I knew what made prom such a special time. It was the fact that we're just kids. It was the fact that we could make fun of the ridiculous food with the knowledge that pizza awaited us at home. It was being able to dance our hearts out while making fun of all our friends that can't dance at all. It was understanding that when we're fifty prom will still be that great time we spent with some of the greatest people in our lives. It was knowing that during our senior circle I understood myself better than I ever had and I loved it. Anyways, that was my prom. Tell me about yours =D

3 comments:

  1. i think you're right. it is because we're just kids. kids dressed up like old movie stars eating 6 noodle pasta dancing without caring who is watching for once. if we weren't kids, it wouldn't have been so memorable or so perfect.

    kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! that's exactly what I meant. A big ole party without caring who cared. Thanks for commenting kelsey =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was awesome. your post captures it really well. kids having fun. not caring if they danced well or not, just loving to dance and hang out. lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete